Over the past 12 months we have arranged 10 events, including the full day BIG Sounding Board in September, and have held quarterly meetings as a committee to ensure that we provide quality, informative and useful events for our members and visitors.
The work we do to bring you these events is all done voluntarily. Without a committed and engaged committee the group would not exist. And so we are calling on YOU – our members (existing or ready to join) – to step up to the plate and volunteer just a small amount of your time and expertise to keep the group going! After our recent 5 year celebrations, we want to continue providing support to women in business across South Manchester.
There are a number of roles to fill, and even if you can’t commit to a specific role itself but would still like to be involved, we’d love to hear from you! If you are interested in a role, but aren’t sure of how to use a specific application or package, don’t worry, you’ll get support!
The roles to be filled are;
1. Chair – overseeing events in general, newsletters, social media
2. Secretary – minutes, room/speaker bookings, website/Mailchimp/Eventbrite/social media updates
3. Treasurer – finance forecast & reviews, fees & event income/reconciliation
4. Membership coordinator – new/renewal/leavers admin; new member welcome, liaison with members due to renew, with leavers re survey completion.
5. Mentor(s) – to liaise with new members & provide 1hr support.
6. Others – to support existing roles, help at events, as-hoc tasks such as calls to ex-members, etc.
At the AGM on 30.4.14, the current committee will step down and fully paid up members may put themselves forward to be elected to those roles. Only members are entitled to vote.
So are you ready to be part of the next 5 years? We’ve some great things lined up for the rest of 2014 – get involved, gain confidence and grow your network!
If you would like to be considered for a committee role, but are unable to attend on 30.4.14, please send an email to our current Chair, with details of how you would like to be involved. You will then be included in the election at the AGM.
Sue Weighell (Chair since 2012) addressing members at the 2013 AGM at The Enterprise Centre, Benchill.