I really can’t believe that we have got to March so quickly, 2 months of the year gone in the blink of an eye and I have to be honest and say that the rest of the year will speed past just as quickly. Nothing we can do about it so let’s enjoy the journey and take advantage of any opportunities that comes our way.
How are you doing with your 2015 goals and targets?
Are you monitoring and evaluating where you are?
What you have achieved so far and where you need to put extra effort in?
I was reading an interesting article the other day titled “13 Things Mentally Strong People DON’T Do” and it occurred to me that these ideas were just as important in business as in our personal lives. The points were:
1. They don’t feel sorry for themselves
2. They don’t give their power away
3. They don’t shy away from change
4. They don’t worry about pleasing everyone
5. They don’t waste their energy on things they can’t control
6. They don’t fear taking calculated risks
7. They don’t dwell
8. They don’t make the same mistakes
9. They don’t resent other people’s successes
10. They don’t give up
11. They don’t fear time alone
12. They don’t feel like the world owes them something
13. They don’t expect immediate results.
When I read the article it made me think about how many of these may be holding my business and me back? Most of them didn’t resonate with me – but a couple of them did – how about you? Are some of your thoughts stopping you from achieving what you want in life and business and stopping you from enjoying your journey?
Could make an interesting round the table networking session – please let me know your thoughts and I would be more than happy to organise something.
I really do like March, the days are getting decidedly lighter both in the morning and in the evening, I can see lots of evidence that the garden is springing back into life and more folk are walking around with a smile on their faces. What’s not to like!
I am pleased to say that our March H&B event should be very useful for your businesses and fun to attend. We have been invited to present at the next BW3 – Wythenshawe Business Gateway Event and the whole session looks interesting. Apart from ourselves there are presentations from James Eldon from MEA, Robin Burman from HLF Berry Solicitors and Hilary Centeleghe from the Business Growth Hub.
Wythenshawe Business Gateway Event
Thursday 26th March – 5.30/7.30pm
MEA (Manchester Enterprise Academy) , Simonsway Wythenshawe M22 9RH
I do hope you can make this event for several reasons;
- It will be good to see you again
- This is the first time that Handbags & Briefcases have been asked to be involved with a much larger networking group
- The PR for H&B and all of us that attend could be wonderful – lots more local businesses and individuals to get your message out to.
See you on the 26th March and as always any questions or feedback please let me know!